Johnson Controls offers 2017 ASIS preview
Company exhibiting innovative solutions and services for first time since integration with Tyco
MILWAUKEE – (Sept. 19, 2017) – Johnson Controls will attend and exhibit its security solutions at ASIS International’s 63rd Annual Seminar and Exhibits in Dallas, Texas, from Sept. 25 through Sept. 28, 2017. This is the first time that Johnson Controls will demonstrate its solutions and services after the integration with Tyco. Attending as a single company, Johnson Controls, the leader in building controls, infrastructure and now security, fire and life safety, will showcase its intelligent solutions in booth #4119. Demonstrations include:
- Remote Service Solutions (RSS), an offering delivered from the Global Center of Excellence Network, an organization dedicated to developing standards and technical specifications that enable high-quality fire and security installations, provides advanced triage support for response to real-time notifications on technical issues and equipment failures, designed to maximize system uptime and improve customer efficiencies
- Proactive Health Services (PHS), also from the Global Center of Excellence Network, delivers near real-time notifications on technical issues and equipment failures, helping improve system uptime and maintain video surveillance
- Gunshot Detection allows corporate, government or private buildings to relay a notification to the building’s occupants, as well as emergency personnel outside, upon gunshot detection so that proper steps can be taken to control the situation.
- Intelligent Building Integration Framework (IBIF), an interactive portal that highlights how everything from video surveillance to lighting can be integrated into a single system for today’s connected environment. The tool highlights how Johnson Controls delivers Internet of Things (IoT) outcomes through smart systems integrations.
Johnson Controls will also showcase solutions from JCI Open Innovation, a global innovation center in Tel Aviv launched to foster collaboration between the company, customers and cutting edge startups to deliver effective solutions worldwide. Startups participating in this showcase onsite include:
- Convexum, proactive anti-drone technology that prevents intrusions into private airspace by automatically detecting and safely landing drones in a predefined location
- Flyability, the first collision-tolerant drone for the inspection of inaccessible or dangerous places. The drone is equipped with a protective sphere that enables it to fly indoors and in tight quarters without the propellers hitting people or property
- Magos Ground Based Radar, a cutting-edge technology that has been successfully piloted at several U.S. companies for perimeter detection and video verification by using radar technology
- Percepto, an autonomous drone solution for perimeter protection and securing facilities, including fence patrols, suspect detection and tracking, smoke detection, fire detection and gas leak detection. The system can be programmed to do regular “tours” on a scheduled basis, including a secured landing and charging enclosure that surrounds the drone and prepares it for the next tour
- Securithings, software that monitors IoT enabled devices and activities in real-time to detect and mitigate security threats
At the show, Johnson Controls will feature its work with the Johnson Controls Hall of Fame Village in Canton, Ohio to demonstrate its integration capabilities in a “smart city.” The demonstration will feature a video overview of how the company is creating a premier sports and entertainment destination by using the principles behind the smart cities movement.
Event attendees should plan to stop by Booth 4119 to meet and have their photo taken with Hall of Fame Inductee Tim Brown on Wednesday, Sept. 27. Tim Brown was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2015 and played for the Oakland Raiders where he set franchise records for receptions, receiving yards and punt return yards.
In addition to highlighting products and innovations, Johnson Controls Global Strategic Account Executive Holley Hunt will speak on a panel entitled, “Robots and the Quest for Automation” on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 2:15 p.m. CT in room C141. The panel will discuss the growing benefits of artificial intelligence and robots to security professionals, including reducing risk and improving ROI.
To learn more about Johnson Controls event activities, please visit the ASIS 2017 page on the company website.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
SOURCE: Johnson Controls